Changes in my little flock

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jdoane, Oct 7, 2013.

1. jdoane

jdoane Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2013
    Western Massachusetts
    So although this is not a baby chick issue I wanted to share with you all - since this is the thread I most often post on I feel like I know some of you!

Yesterday we returned our almost 9 week Splash English Orpington chick to the breeder since he's a roos and we couldn't keep him. I was very grateful that the breeder was willing to take him back so I didn't have to stress too much. This is one of our last pictures of Hedwig before we took him back.

[​IMG]

And in preparation for a hole in our flock I found a Silver Laced Wyandotte who is a few months older than the rest of my flock. She''s currently in quarantine in a big dog crate in the garage. We named her Lacy. I've been wanting a Wyandotte since figuring out all the breeds. She's sweet and seems pretty healthy and tame. A bit of an issue this morning with diarrhea. I may do a 1/2 dose of Corid in case she's fighting off Cocci. She is 6 months

[​IMG]

And this morning we got our first egg from her. Well our first egg from anyone. Although it wasn't her first egg it was still exciting!

[​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Congratulations on your first egg! Lacy looks like a very pretty girl, Wyandottes are a really nice breed. Hopefully the stress of moving is just causing a bit of a digestive upset. Sorry about Hedwig, always hard to give them up when they turn into roos since they are pets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by