Changes in poop color.

Flora24

Hatching
Jul 9, 2023
Hello. I hope you can help. Our Barred Rock chicken has changed in the last few days. Not only has her poop changed (see below) from a white splat to green blob to rusty colored white and green she is lethargic, isolating from others and will only eat treats.

Attachments

• IMG_3053.jpg
    IMG_3053.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3054.jpg
    IMG_3054.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3060.jpg
    IMG_3060.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 3
Welcome To BYC

How old is she?

Has she possibly eaten any moldy feed or anything rotten (compost, dead animal, etc.)?

If she's of laying age, when was her last egg?

When was she last dewormed?

If vet care is an option, that would be best.

I'd consider treating for infection, worms and Coccidiosis.

Thank you for your reply.

She is three years old. She is one of our five. To our knowledge she hasn't eaten anything different or old. We believe she layed one yesterday, didn't see, but got five eggs. I deworm monthly with applecidar vinegar in the water x one week, due about now.
Sadly she is the most friendly, head hen and our favorite.
(Just checked on them, she is eating and drinking, but still just laying around, her poop is back to green with white)

I'm sorry that she's not doing well.

I would worm her with an anthelmintic like Fenbendazole (Safeguard) or Albendazole (Valbazen), unless you can get a fecal float right away. While ACV seems to be quite popular, it is not a dewormer.

I would check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight, look her over for lice/mites.
Work on hydration and eating.

I'm sorry that she's not doing well.

I would worm her with an anthelmintic like Fenbendazole (Safeguard) or Albendazole (Valbazen), unless you can get a fecal float right away. While ACV seems to be quite popular, it is not a dewormer.

I would check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight, look her over for lice/mites.
Work on hydration and eating.

We will be deworming with Safeguard today. I believe all will be done too. Hopefull this is it. Our vet normally does avian visits, but were in today, nor elsewhere.
Thank you again for your help

Back
Top Bottom