Changing coops and land

Sep 15, 2021
Iowa
My chickens are changing coops and moving to different land due to us moving our house, my question is how long should they stay in there new coop before they know it's there home and will comeback to it.. Since I let them free range normally, also will I expect egg production to go down, just curious not that I care. Thanks In advanced

The birds will need to be homed to the new coop for about a week. Does it have an attached secure run? If so, they can use that too.
Egg production will drop due to the changes. They hate change.
PS - get a bottle of Corid and have it at the ready in case they develop coccidiosis due to the new strains of coccidia they will be exposed to at the new place.

The birds will need to be homed to the new coop for about a week. Does it have an attached secure run? If so, they can use that too.
Egg production will drop due to the changes. They hate change.
PS - get a bottle of Corid and have it at the ready in case they develop coccidiosis due to the new strains of coccidia they will be exposed to at the new place.
I do have some on hand but I will make sure it is not expired, so it has a gate but it's not super secure it's like the white paneling will find a pic

Like this but with metal farming panel on the bottom half
Screenshot_20220622-210642_Google.jpg

We just moved our chickens to the country from the suburbs. We didn't free range there and I was worried about predators, so I kept my ladies in for 2+ weeks. I also wanted to make sure they knew to lay in the coop as the nest boxes were different. Their egg production never dropped, with the exception of one hen. But I think she's eating her eggs (again) or laying outside of the coop where I can't find them.

Hey guys I have one other question do you think if my chickens get along free range I can join the two flocks of sharing the night house at night in the new building or keep seprate? Since they dont like when each other are in the coops now but when they free range they get along fine

Back
Top Bottom