• Looks like it

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, but I know what she is....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChickenMama6RIR

Free Ranging
7 Years
Hi! I gave a rather "odd" question. I have ten hens. Four if them are laying. My silkie who lays a cream egg, my two Easter Eggers who both lay a green egg but one is a bit more bluish then the other, and a buff orpington (That's what she resembles.... I've done much research on the breed.) And she lays a beautiful brown egg. I have six other hens. They are 15 weeks old. Four Rhode Island Reds and two Leghorns. No one looks ready to lay, so I have counted them out. Why is my BO's egg color changing?
20170609_111722.jpg

This is supposedly laid by the same hen :/ Here is a picture of her.
1497022797794-1335287264.jpg

The amount of brown pigment can vary from egg to egg. My EE hen sometimes lays a more blue egg (less brown coating) or her egg will be speckled, though normally it is green (ie blue with a uniform brown coating). There can be hiccups in laying, especially when they are young but at any point really.

The amount of brown pigment can vary from egg to egg. My EE hen sometimes lays a more blue egg (less brown coating) or her egg will be speckled, though normally it is green (ie blue with a uniform brown coating). There can be hiccups in laying, especially when they are young but at any point really.
Thank you! That is possible...

Back
Top Bottom