Changing egg colour?

nikirushka

Songster
6 Years
Dec 2, 2014
I have a cream legbar, ish (Not good quality or a dash od something else in there). Rehomed, and the previous owner took her on as an adult 21 months ago so no idea how old she is. I was told she lays blue eggs.

She doesn't! Or at least, she didn't- until today. I'e had her 3 months and she was into laying condition 2 months ago. A couple of weeks back I was stood next to her when she laid a normal tinted egg.

But today I have gone to collect and found this gorgeous little wind egg! She's the only type I have who should lay blue so what's going on? Can I expect more blue eggs now?
20180226_170703.jpg
20180402_174914.jpg

wow thats a small egg! It looks green to me, but yes, thats the right color for a CLB.(either blue or green). Ive never heard of a chicken laying such a tiny egg- looks like a song bird's egg!

It's a wind/fart/fairy egg, happens every now and then. It's the first one I've had from a chicken but I've had one from a japanese quail, you should have seen the size of that one!

The camera is changing the colour a wee bit, in real life it's a gorgeous shade of pastel blue :) It just seems really odd that she's been laying regular supermarket-brown eggs then all of a sudden this little thing appears!

It seems to be - none of my others are blue layers, definitely, and it's too big for a songbird to have snuck in and laid it!

It's really bizarre!

A couple of weeks back I was stood next to her when she laid a normal tinted egg.
Normal sized and 'tinted'...did you take a pic of it on white surface?
It may have been tinted blue/green.
More pigment in a smaller shell is going to be darker as wind eggs often are.
Only time will tell if this smooths out, could just be a start up glitch.
She certainly looks like a pure bred CCL.

Normal tinted like the others in the pic (except the white one, obviously). Supermarket colour. Definitely no hint of blue!

Back
Top Bottom