Changing HOA covenant prohibiting poultry

Yale Spector

Hatching
Aug 3, 2017
Hello! We are the happy owners of three chickens. We have lived in a development for over 10 years and of course have not kept up with the covenants. We have been notified that having chickens violates the covenants. We have had a meeting with the HOA board. From that meeting, we received a letter stating that we had 60 days to get rid of the chickens but, prior to that time, we could submit changes to the covenants for a neighborhood vote. Can anyone assist us in that endeavor?

I don't know if this is common, but we were told in our neighborhood by the Realtor, when we asked what if someone broke one of the "rules", that if someone broke a rule in the HOA and no one called them on it, after a certain time period, it would void the convenants. How long have you had the chickens? If no one has complained until now, maybe the rule has been voided?

We had the chickens for 4 months prior to being notified. I am combing thru the covenants to see what it all says

I heard about this story! I am sorry for your troubles. I hope it does not get as bad as this lady problems. Yikes!

Back
Top Bottom