Changing ordinances

Redsx4

Hatching
May 1, 2017
How do I go about changing an ordinance? I called the municipal building a few months ago and when I asked about having no more than 4 hens (no rooster) the person said that shouldn't be a problem. Today I was informed that I need to own 5acres for even 1 chicken. I own 1.25 acres and my backyard butts up against an Amish farm. Of course you know I've fallen in love with the babies and hate the idea of losing them.

Who told you that you needed 5 acres of land for one chicken? That is a complete lie. Where are you located? I will look up your chicken ordinance laws

Hi Nyla, I stopped in at our municipal office for another reason and asked what the procedure was to have chickens? The woman looked up something and said at least 5 acres were required. I had asked about backyard chickens and mentioned just having a couple of hens for eggs. I'm in west Hempfield township Lancaster co. PA

Apparently Lancaster city is not allowing chickens. I just want to know if ordinances can be challenged and how to properly go about doing it for the area I live in allows them.

what city and state are you located? I'm in Stafford va and I'm trying to see what the law is for chickens on my property I have 1.5 acres?

I am in Roswell, NM i want to know what the different cities objection to chickens is about. I put up with free ranging cats and loud noisy dogs in my neighborhood. The city doesn't seem to object to that?

Back
Top Bottom