Changing to a new coop

I'd do the lock in. You have the room for it inside the new coop. Last time I transitioned birds to a new coop I locked them in 2 days, then the next night two of the birds went to the old coop location. Scooped them up, put them in the new coop, and they were fully onboard with the new coop after that.
Ah, good to know they may think about going back for a while. Thanks!

This... I'd go out Tues, post an eviction notice on the old coop, Scoop them up and put them in the new coop with enough daylight still to wander around a while, scope it out and settle in. At dusk watch them get settled.
I toggle a flashlight on and off for the ones left on the floor to get them up on the roost. With it off they'll stop foraging and look to roost. On shows them the way. Or do your nightlight thing for them and see how it goes.
This locks them in til Friday when you can let them out and observe for your day off.
Edit... Forgot to quote @rosemarythyme but agreeing with that.
Good tips! Thank you! 😆😆😆on the eviction notice. I don't know if they will pay it any mind. They're rude like that. Lol! I'll post back on how they do. I'll try to video them exploring it for the first time:)

Back
Top Bottom