~Chantecler Show - Ends 7/25/17~

JustForFunFarm, were those birds from a pullet breeding line? Just curious due to the large swing in colour quality over the sexes.

I'm not sure. They are all from West Wind Ranch Creations, who have a website if you want to peruse. The darker line came from Alberta I think. Is the rooster too dark? I have two light pullets and two dark pullets. The boys have a lot of variation. The one I posted is the prettiest, but I don't fully understand the desired color traits. Any guidance is appreciated! Here's another cockerel. He is the biggest. Is he a better example?
IMG_20170722_133819.jpg
IMG_20170722_133749.jpg

I'm not sure on type of your Chanties.... hard to tell from images, especially to a novice like me. All I can provide is information on colour, which is not what your first priority should be when breeding.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. Decision time is coming for the boys. What do you recommend to base the choice on?
Type and vigour. I can message you a copy of the SOP so you can compare them to the standard. Feather quality is another good consideration. That doesn't mean colour, it means quality.

Back
Top Bottom