Chanteclers

freerange freaks

Songster
12 Years
Jul 21, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Does anybody have any experience with Chanteclers. I would like to see some pictures. I have 6 white ones and I'm not sure if they are typical of the breed. They seem to keep thier tails down and I'm not fond of the look it gives. Not sure if this the breed standard or not. I keep thinking they are unhealthy.

mrgq6.jpg

I have a couple partridge chanteclers and they have the same body type. I only have hens in the chanteclers so not sure about roos in this breed.

HI There

I have white and Partridge Chanteclers.

Check out this thread on the Chantecler Fancier International forum

http://groups.msn.com/ChanteclerFanciersInternational/shoebox.msnw

There are some pictures there and check out the discussion thread

And here is a partial description of the ideally colored ADULT partridge color per the American Poultry Association Standard of Perfection. They do have a copyright, so it can't be reproduced word for word without permission.
I emphasized Adult, because this color does go through different color phases as they grow out - it's not like they are white or black. So first of all, the Male Partridge: Head: lustrous rich red; Neck/Hackle: web of feather lustrous greenish black with narrow lacing of rich brilliant red. Shaft of feather is black; Back and Saddle: web is lustrous greenish black with narrow lacing of rich brilliant red, slight shafting of red permissable. Rich brilliant red predominating on surface of upper back, saddle matching hackle in color; Main Tail and Sickles: lustrous greenish black, coverts: lustrous greenish black laced with rich brilliant red; Breast: Lustrous greenish black; Undercolor of all sections is slate.
Now the Female. Head: deep reddish bay; Hackle: black, slightly penciled with deep reddish bay and laced with reddish bay; Back: Deep reddish bay with distinct black penciling; Breast and Body: same as
back. Undercolor: Slate. With regard to the females' pencilling, the Standard says: "distinct in sharp contrast to the ground color, be regular in shape, uniform in width, and conform to the contour of the feather. Each feather in the back, breast, body, wing bows and thights should have three or more pencillings.

HOpe this helps
N:_)​

Back
Top Bottom