Charcoal Eggs

deerman

Rest in Peace 1949-2012
11 Years
Aug 24, 2008
Southern Ohio
My charcoal peacock is only 2 yr old with very few eye feathers, was thinking i could get a few fertile eggs.

Just candle all the eggs in the first batch, everyone are fertile and all growing well !!!!!

He is with 3 hen split charcoal, so he is taking care of all 3 hens, GREAT for a late hatch 2 yr old.!!!!!

wee.gif
wee.gif

Hoping for lots of charcoal peacocks !!!!!!

Hey Burt, that's great to hear. Aren't the charcoals pretty rare or hard to come by? I don't think I've ever seen a pic of them. Good luck with your hatch.

And, thanks again for the peafowl eggs. I have one that is moving and kicking and due to hatch on the 25th - it is a purple pied. And, I have the 4 newest ones I just added to the incubator so time will tell.

Yes the charcoal have lots of problems, charcoal hens dont lay, so you have to breed hens split charcoals. So not all chick will be charcoals. The charcoal peacocks dont live very long. Some of the big peafowl breeders are working on these problems.

Just call me crazy, thats one of the reason I got into charcoals. Hear there has been a charcoal spalding hen lay. Thats a cross with the green peafowl.

Hope you have a good hatch also.

Brad Legg have a nice pic. of a older charcoal peacock on his site.

Back
Top Bottom