1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Chart showing cross breeds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hawks000, Mar 18, 2011.

1. hawks000

hawks000 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2010
    nc
    was wondering if anyone knows of a chart or somethign that someone mgiht had came up with showing what breeds make up what (I.E. RIR X White Leghorn = Cinimon Queen, etc. I have a few full stock mixed with other full stock & curious what they'd be called. Like I have a Maran Rooster with Americania Hens & white leghorns. Also have a Salmon Faverole with Americania etc etc.. any ides where I'd find something like that ?

2. goochgirl

goochgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Any cross breeds are called by their parents names with a "X" in the middle like this: aaaaaaa x bbbbbbb. An exeption is blue marans. They are a cross between black copper and wheaten marans.

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:White Leghorn hens do not work in Sexlink crosses and wont produce Cinnamon Queens when bred to a RIR rooster.

There arent names for every cross breed. Crossing just gives you mutts. Though the Marans X Ameraucana or EE cross is a typical cross done to produce Olive Eggers.

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:

No they arent.

Solid Blues are Blacks with one copy of blue

Blue Coppers are Black coppers with one copy of blue

Blue Wheatens are Wheatens with one copy of blue.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by