1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cheap apple peelers @ Harbor Freight

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by chicks4kids, Apr 30, 2009.

1. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I live in Indiana and we have a store called Harbor Freight around here. I found apple corer/peelers for $9.00. Yeah, the same one I paid over $25 for is $9. So, now I have 2.

Just thought I'd let ya' know in case you have these where you live and could use one or an extra. Because if you can apples or pears, you know how handy this tool is!!

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Now that is something I need to invest in!

3. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, I just love mine. It peels and spiral slices. It makes pies and applesauce a cinch!!!!

4. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    So true, this way with the 2 corer/peelers however, I don't have to slow down while one of the kids want to "help" It takes them quite a while to do an apple...now they have their own!! I can do 1/2 bushel in just about 10 minutes

Handy liittle things!

5. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I saw them the other week. I have a nicer one that my son uses to thin slice apples to dry them. My aunt loved it and had to get one too. My hands hurt when I peel so I love this gadget.

6. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I try not to buy things made in China, which describes about 100% of Harbor Freight's stock. HOWEVER, after having peeled so many darn apples last fall, I may just consider this purchase!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by