Cheap incubator NEEDED

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mahsmaj, Jul 9, 2008.

1. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    Does anyone know where I can get a descent incubator for a cheap price ? ? ? I dont want a very big one either...

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Short of making your own...??

The cheapest you are going to find is a still air LG for around $45 (they have them at my local TSC for that price)

You can add your own PC fan for nothing if you can find an old fan, or call up a computer repair shop and ask for a used or spare one (I got one free that way). Then raid the toy box for a 6v DC plug to wire it up.

3. homeandbarnbasics

homeandbarnbasics Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2008
    Tallassee, AL
    Not sure what your price range is, but we sell the Hova-bator tabletop incubators. These are a quality bator at a fair price. The basic bator is $44.24 plus shipping. Here is the link http://www.homeandbarnbasics.com/1602NIncubator.html

And BYC members get an additional 5% off by using coupon code BYC5 at checkout.

Good luck to you.

Tony

4. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Having spent a year researching incubators before I could manage to get chickens you aren't going to get anything effective for less than the price of a small LG or hovabator. Both in the $40 range. I waited until the hovabators were on sale here and got mine for $42. Anything cheaper has a low chance of hatching eggs properly. Your better off building your own incubator if you want something really cheap. You can find plans online but even that isn't the best idea for people with no hatching experience. There's too many things to keep track of or that could go wrong.

5. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Hovas are generally better reputations than the LGs too...

AND home and barn basics is a sponsor of BYC - that's a pretty good price for a new.

Another idea is to look for a used bator on Ebay or even on here, but as always with used stuff...buyer beware

6. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Well I just ordered my hovabator and saw your link last night. I would have totally ordered from you..... Good luck!

7. iluvwyandottes

iluvwyandottes Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2008
    CA
    try looking at mcmurray

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by