Cheap Incubator

DaniInquiries

In the Brooder
Jan 1, 2024
About ~ 6 months ago or so my mom wanted to start hatching eggs so i hopped on amazon and bought an incubator that was $36 and had 4.5 stars but recently it started leaking, the temp and humidity levels keep changing and only 4/12 eggs have actually hatched out of the three different dozens. So my mum has been wanting a new incubator that is preferably less that $50 but also won't stop working. From my research good quality incubators are wayyyy over $50 so i'll js buy it for her. chicks hatch. Does anyone have any reccomendations for incubators that are effective and under $100? Tips on humidity and survival rate are welcome!

Ps. This is the one i mentioned, she ended up putting it in a box so that it won't get colder.
1704170489982.png

I can't help you make that incubator be any better, but I do know someone else who has one and she had to open it up to put water in. She set 16 eggs and got one to hatch.

Humidity I run between 40-50% until lockdown (3 days before they hatch). Then I stop the turner and raise the humidty to about 70%. The temp 99.5 is for the entire time.

I have two way over your price range but one you may want to see if you could find it on marketplace cheaper, an NR360.

A Kebonnix is very close smaller version of that. Here's a link on Amazon for one but I didn't price anywhere else. They are raved on this forum as well if you search.

Back
Top Bottom