Cheap way to figure out what is killing my ducks and chickens

You guys are great at stating the obvious sometimes... I know I should have somebody shut them up if I can't do it myself, but I had nobody to do it for me. I have a few birds that don't go in the coop they sleep in the trees. And whatever it was got ahold of one of my leghorns early this morning after they were awake but before I was. So today I rounded up all of my birds and put them on lockdown until I catch the *******. There is an attached run to my coop that they are now locked in. I'm pretty sure it's the bobcat that has been recently seen in the area. So I'm gonna go get a live trap.
I can't afford a game cam at the moment. That's why I said cheap. I was gonna try the flour thing but it was snowing last night (first time all winter). I thought I'd be able to see the tracks but the snow was more slush and there was no defined tracks anywhere.

Really, we're just trying to help. We only know what you tell us. Your first post didn't mention that you had no one to shut your chickens in (that's what I love about having good neighbors - and our closest ones are over a mile away, but they would happily shut my chickens in for me if I asked them to), nor did you mention that you have a run or that you had already thought about the flour method. I hope you catch your critter.

game camera will give you all the proof you need and will let you know what size trap you need....I trap year round and NEVER put the trap away..also game camera will let you know how bad your predator load is....a lot of times you have a lot more predators than you thought!!
ep.gif
Can I ask what you use in your traps as bait?

Back
Top Bottom