Check out this coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by pullet2hen, Jun 6, 2008.

1. pullet2hen

pullet2hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Arizona
  2. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    yes cute idea but poor chicken.. someone needs to direct that person to this website... I think I would be bootin out some mean ole hens...

3. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I was going to do that with my daughters playhouse(same exact one) But figured it would get way to, cold here for that.

I would be giving away the mean hens. But I really like the white crested Polish ones:D

4. tricia

tricia Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2007
    West Central Wisconsin
    Not sure if someone else already did, but I just emailed them about BYC. We had thought about using something like that but it gets too cold here for a plastic coop.

5. TreyClark281

TreyClark281 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2007
    around Katy, Tx
    i bet you can open up those walls and put some newspaper in it or some cotton or something.

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I thought about it. Even got one of those play houses off Freecycle to do it with. The more I looked at it, the more impossible it seemed. Ventilation was going to be a real problem. Plus I was worried about how was I going to secure wire over the windows to keep predators out. Fencing nails wouldn't do it they popped right out. Eventually, I gave up and sold it for $50

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by