Cheep Accomodations on the way!

La Banan

Songster
11 Years
May 28, 2008
Hi - haven't got the final pics but thought I'd try and upload some of the progress pics. The kids are way happy to be out of the box and seem to love their new home.
DSCN1692.jpg
This one is the basic shed that we hauled here on a boat trailer from our old house...
and here is some work being done by Ron who actually is a builder so is kind of helpful to have around -
DSCN1696.jpg
though the shoemaker's children certainly applies and here is a pic showing the skylight's he put into the roof...
DSCN1695.jpg

tomorrow I'll take some interiors and close-ups of the racoon proofing door thingy!

Very cute coop. Cant wait to see what it looks like when its painted and all.

The interior shot didn't show so here it is. I hope the racoon fooling door mechanism is clear because it was my dearest guy's brilliance at play! Other details not quite seen are that the ridge of the roof is lifted up and has a mesh bottom to it which means it is fully ventilated. As well the roof is connected on the inside to the walls with this plastic ventilation material. He listened to me!

here is a shot of the interior...

DSCN1716.jpg

So to do: finish putting up shingles in front - prime and paint. make run! Enjoy....

Cool -- I like the skylight. Is it a piece of plexiglass? I might have to borrow your idea for my coop!

Back
Top Bottom