Cheep Accomodations on the way!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by La Banan, Sep 13, 2008.

1. La Banan

La Banan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Hi - haven't got the final pics but thought I'd try and upload some of the progress pics. The kids are way happy to be out of the box and seem to love their new home.
    [​IMG]This one is the basic shed that we hauled here on a boat trailer from our old house...
    and here is some work being done by Ron who actually is a builder so is kind of helpful to have around - [​IMG] though the shoemaker's children certainly applies and here is a pic showing the skylight's he put into the roof...
    [​IMG]

tomorrow I'll take some interiors and close-ups of the racoon proofing door thingy!

2. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    I'd live in there myself! Lovely!

3. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Very cute coop. Cant wait to see what it looks like when its painted and all.

4. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    good luck! looks good so far [​IMG]

5. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Looks very nice,and especially the nature around the coop the chickens will love all the trees.
    Good Luck.
    Omran

6. La Banan

May 28, 2008
  7. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Very nice! How does the pop door work?

8. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    It looks great! [​IMG]

9. La Banan

May 28, 2008
    The interior shot didn't show so here it is. I hope the racoon fooling door mechanism is clear because it was my dearest guy's brilliance at play! Other details not quite seen are that the ridge of the roof is lifted up and has a mesh bottom to it which means it is fully ventilated. As well the roof is connected on the inside to the walls with this plastic ventilation material. He listened to me!

here is a shot of the interior...

[​IMG]
    So to do: finish putting up shingles in front - prime and paint. make run! Enjoy....

10. mikefromnh

mikefromnh Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2008
    Cool -- I like the skylight. Is it a piece of plexiglass? I might have to borrow your idea for my coop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by