Chellester < YOUR EGGS ROCK!!!

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
I got eggs (silkie) on Wednesday and put them in the bator and on day 4 they all (ordered 6 and got 8) have veins! I am so looking forward to this hatch! A few have the saddle air cell from the PO being so rough but they look awesome!
Thanks again!
Krista

Tell me about it! I got eggs from her on Friday! They were the best packaged eggs I have ever seen! I told her if everyone packaged the way she did there would never be another broken egg!! It is still too early for me to candle yet! I am so looking forward to candling.
big_smile.png

Hey, thanks you guys! Y'all are making me blush!
smile.png

I aim to please with the eggs I sell, so it's great to hear my efforts are paying off for you guys.

Thanks again to everyone who has trusted me with their business; it is very much appreciated!
smile.png
Happy hatching!

how do you pack them? I am thinking of buying some eggs and feel sorta like sending the packing material with instructions to the seller... any suggestions?

I individually wrap each egg in 5/16" bubble wrap from a 12 x 12 sheet of it cut in half, then pack them big-end-up in a box and use bubble wrap to fill in any gaps to make sure they don't move around too much. This method requires quite a bit of bubble wrap, but it is well worth it IMO because I have yet to have an egg break or crack on me during shipment.

I did have one egg I shipped arrive with a crack in it, but because of the way it was cracked (right around the center of the egg like a ring) I think I cracked it during packaging by putting too much pressure on the egg while I was rolling it up in bubble wrap. Live and learn!
smile.png

Chellester, You have so so many great comments about your eggs. Now I'm curious. Are you selling them on Ebay? If so what is your user ID so I can look you up to see what you are selling. Or, do you sell them here on BYC? By the way,,,what kind of eggs do you sell?

Quote:
I have sold them on eBay before under the username bianchisbarn, but I have been hearing so many horror stories about egg sellers on eBay lately that I didn't want people to think I was one of the bad sellers, so I started selling eggs here instead.

Right now I sell Silkie eggs in blue/splash/cuckoo/white and Mille Fleur D'Uccle eggs. Eventually I would like to expand that to include some cochin bantams and a few other breeds.

Back
Top Bottom