Cherokee County GA?

Welcome to BYC. Right now started pullets are in short supply because of the high demand. Try posting in your sate thread. Good luck.

Hello from Heard county..

Have you tried Craigslist? Also how young is young? I was searching a few weeks ago before I got my flock, and there are several people posting on CL. If your wanting chics call tactor supply, they are getting chics in every few days. You also didn’t mention what breed you might want.

Hello from Heard county..

Have you tried Craigslist? Also how young is young? I was searching a few weeks ago before I got my flock, and there are several people posting on CL. If your wanting chics call tactor supply, they are getting chics in every few days. You also didn’t mention what breed you might want.
Thank you for the reply. We are in the coop building process right now, so it will be a couple of weeks until we are ready for our hens. I am hoping for chicks or hens old enough to live outside in the coop, or young layers. I am open to breeds, generally looking for hens that will be good layers and make nice backyard pets.

Did ya'll find some chicks?
We sure did we have nine 2.5 week olds (was 10 one had internal issues we noticed after getting her home, and she didn’t make it, she looked younger and smaller is what I thought after having her 24 hours i noticed some issues like her naval still sticking out, vent was swollen shut, I don’t think she developed all the way in the egg)

We sure did we have nine 2.5 week olds (was 10 one had internal issues we noticed after getting her home, and she didn’t make it, she looked younger and smaller is what I thought after having her 24 hours i noticed some issues like her naval still sticking out, vent was swollen shut, I don’t think she developed all the way in the egg)
I'm glad that ya'll found some, but sorry for your troubles! Raising chickens is definitely an adventure!

I'm glad that ya'll found some, but sorry for your troubles! Raising chickens is definitely an adventure!
Me and my daughter started on the coop yesterday, I have a thread up on that. Ya I know I got the wagon before the horse a little. But I have a few weeks still to get th coop done, plans and blueprints are all worked out so it’s just a matter of cutting and screwing the boards together.

Basically wife gave in and said fine get your chickens so I jumped into action and got the baby’s. Lol

Back
Top Bottom