Chick acting very weird, maybe wry neck?

gannon659

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 28, 2016
Norfolk NE
I have had these Easter Eggers for 3 weeks when one started bobbing its head around. It also appears to be struggling to keep its balance. Every time I’ve seen wry neck in a chick, it’s a few days old. This started at 3 weeks. It’s been going on for 3 days now. I was able to go to the store and get vitamins and electrolytes. Not sure if it has helped or not. Any advice or information would be appreciated.

What vitamins have you been giving her?
You need to give her vitamin E 400IU once a day until she's back to normal, also give eggs for selenium while treating with the vitamin E.

Chickens will do this when they are adjusting their crops, but she looks like she is having a seizure or neurological issue. I recommend 400 IU of human vitamin E, 1/4 tablet of human Vitamin B complex crushed in a spoonful of water, and a little egg daily for selenium. Some chicks may have a vitamin deficiency, or she could have a head injury. I hope that she does okay.

What vitamins have you been giving her?
You need to give her vitamin E 400IU once a day until she's back to normal, also give eggs for selenium while treating with the vitamin E.
I’m putting two products in her water

Rooster Booster Liquid B12:

Vitamin B12 10,000 mcg
Vitamin K (Menadione) 0.1 mg

Rooster Booster Vitamins & Electrolytes:

Potassium 35% min
Vitamin A 125,000IU
Vitamin D3 46,875IU
Vitamin E 160IU
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 32mg
D-Pantothetic Acid 250mg
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine HCI) 270mg
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCI) 270mg
Folic Acid 265mg
Total Lactic Acid Producing Bacteria 150,000,000 CFU

She is also in her own brooder right now. I wasn’t able to get her anything for two days so I mixed some paprika in with her food. So now she has both. She’s doing much better today than yesterday but still not good. Can this be cured or will I just be preventing it from getting worse?

I’m putting two products in her water

Rooster Booster Liquid B12:

Vitamin B12 10,000 mcg
Vitamin K (Menadione) 0.1 mg

Rooster Booster Vitamins & Electrolytes:

Potassium 35% min
Vitamin A 125,000IU
Vitamin D3 46,875IU
Vitamin E 160IU
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 32mg
D-Pantothetic Acid 250mg
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine HCI) 270mg
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCI) 270mg
Folic Acid 265mg
Total Lactic Acid Producing Bacteria 150,000,000 CFU
Okay, that’s all good, keep giving her those.
She is also in her own brooder right now. I wasn’t able to get her anything for two days so I mixed some paprika in with her food. So now she has both. She’s doing much better today than yesterday but still not good. Can this be cured or will I just be preventing it from getting worse?
This can be cured thankfully!

Back
Top Bottom