Chick attacked by rooster

Jun 4, 2021
Help! Chip was attacked by our rooster. She has two wounds, one in face, and one on neck. Her cheek is swollen and looks like she’s been in a boxing match and lost. I cleaned her wounds with saline solution and gave her some aspirin diluted in water. What more can I do? She will NOT be rejoining the flock!
0C929A23-6F59-4899-955B-69405F880C2A.jpeg

How old is Chip?

And is this the chick you kept mainly in the house because of her issues?
Yes. She is 2 months old. She was walking so much better. She was strong and doing well. She did well first two days with the flock. Husband checked on her this morning and she was up and moving with the rest. 20 minutes later I went out to feed and she was down and injured with rooster nearby.

Yes. She is 2 months old. She was walking so much better. She was strong and doing well. She did well first two days with the flock. Husband checked on her this morning and she was up and moving with the rest. 20 minutes later I went out to feed and she was down and injured with rooster nearby.
So it might have been some other chicken, not necessarily the rooster.

After having her as a house chicken, for how long did you have her in a see but no touch area to get them all used to each other before letting her in with the flock?

So it might have been some other chicken, not necessarily the rooster.

After having her as a house chicken, for how long did you have her in a see but no touch area to get them all used to each other before letting her in with the flock?
Yes. We visited the flock daily, then She was outside daily in an enclosed run for a couple days then integrated at night into coop when everyone asleep. She did good for two days once integrated.

Yes. We visited the flock daily, then She was outside daily in an enclosed run for a couple days then integrated at night into coop when everyone asleep. She did good for two days once integrated.
It seems that it was too early for her to be with the group all the time.

Does she have some kind of docile chicken buddy to interact with?

It seems that it was too early for her to be with the group all the time.

Does she have some kind of docile chicken buddy to interact with?
I have a mirror in her cage inside and she talks to herself all the time. Lol! Guess once we heal we will visit but I will be keeping her inside as a house chicken. I think my students need a class pet.

Help! Chip was attacked by our rooster. She has two wounds, one in face, and one on neck. Her cheek is swollen and looks like she’s been in a boxing match and lost. I cleaned her wounds with saline solution and gave her some aspirin diluted in water. What more can I do? She will NOT be rejoining the flock! View attachment 2761347
Can you get some better photos?

She’s doing so much better today. She looks much worse than she acts for sure. Been doing aspirin in her water last night and today. It’s helped. She is eating and drinking fine and slept good last night. Just getting lots of snuggles.
F35F147D-948A-4661-8541-F195818938ED.jpeg
41524E49-2AF5-48A7-8C6A-895A3309260F.jpeg

Attachments

• 5AEFA49A-5027-47DD-B243-AF75F62B9E79.jpeg
    5AEFA49A-5027-47DD-B243-AF75F62B9E79.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom