Chick breed ID?

I have the same one. So cute, but no idea what it is.

She (wishful thinking) did indeed come from the TSC bantam straight run bin. I'm thinking blue cochin. The wing feathers are definitely coming in with a bluish tint. And I don't see anything on the head which would make me think a crested breed. Although we are looking at a two day old probably.

Will Google d'Uccles in the meantime.

D'Uccles look like they have lighter/yellow faces? I think the face on mine is blue/gray just like the body. Bum is yellow though.

But d'Uccle would explain the dark behind the eyes. And you guys are a thousand times more knowledgeable than me. Why doesn't TSC just say??? Lol

She (wishful thinking) did indeed come from the TSC bantam straight run bin. I'm thinking blue cochin. The wing feathers are definitely coming in with a bluish tint. And I don't see anything on the head which would make me think a crested breed. Although we are looking at a two day old probably.

Will Google d'Uccles in the meantime.
It's not a Cochin because it has puffy cheeks which Cochin's do not.

Awwww... That link works now.

How stinkin cute is your peep?!

D'Uccles are such 'classy' looking birds. I wouldn't even mind so much if this little one turns out to be a boy... It's staying either way. :)

Surprisingly, it's getting along swell with my five standard-sized sex links. I expected bullying. I guess they think she's pretty, too!.

Back
Top Bottom