1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chick brooder/ jungle gym

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by louclare, Apr 7, 2011.

1. louclare

louclare Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2011
    We have 8 3 week old chicks that have already grown out of our brooder. They love to fly out and peck at the carpet, or whatever they can find. When we put chicken wire over the top, they get really mad.
    we can't put them outside yet, because it's too cold. About half of them have most of their feathers. Any suggestions about building an enclosure inside or something for them to play on? thanks!

2. EasterEggersRULE

EasterEggersRULE Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2010
    South Texas
    My chicks are the same way so i went and got a parrot toy and a mirror and also a dish with grit and put a few sun flower seed hearts and meal worms and they where happy for a few hours pulling on the toy pecking at the mirror and eating worms. Thats the best thing you could do for now cause i have not seen chick jungle jyms at the feed or pet store.

3. louclare

louclare Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2011
    Thanks!

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    They sure grow fast don't they? My chicks just grew out of their first brooder also. Luckily, I have an extra large dog crate we are using for now. I'm sure they will grow out if that too. I can't have them fly out because the dog or cat could easily injure them. We haven't even started building the coop yet either.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by