Chick can't walk

angieschicks67

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 10, 2013
Lucedale, MS
I have a 4 week old Barred Plymouth Rock that was fine and yesterday morning she couldn't walk or stand. She is eating well and I have sseperated her from rest of flock. Does anyone know if this is the "spratled leg" that I have read about? Any info is appreciated. Tks Angie....PS. Need info assistance asap...

I do not have a picture. Her legs look normal. She just can stand up. I a floor in chicken house and put home cut oak chips on floor. On the outside of the coop, I have 1/2" hardware cloth. Thery are all doing well and have a great chicken coop. so far, she is the only one who has had this problem. Yher inside of the little house is nice and clean and I clean if often and put new chips on the floor and plenty of them. The coop and house is all built up off ground 3-4 '. What do you think? thanks for answering my question. Angie

Try giving her some vitamin B!@ seems to help with neurological problems. PUt it in the water for at least two weeks add some vit. E as well like evry third day. Electrolyt solutions have some extra vitamins too. Seems they can become vitamin deficient and have trouble walking or it could be from exposure to merke;s disease a viral infection which has no cure, but the vitamins seem to help with the symptoms

Try giving her some vitamin B!@ seems to help with neurological problems. PUt it in the water for at least two weeks add some vit. E as well like evry third day. Electrolyt solutions have some extra vitamins too. Seems they can become vitamin deficient and have trouble walking or it could be from exposure to merke;s disease a viral infection which has no cure, but the vitamins seem to help with the symptoms
Follow this advice! This should help!

Thank you ro info on my chick. I don't know if I mentioned it but not being able to walk, naturally she just sits in one spot. I am keeping a close eye on all the other 14 chicks; 6 of the others are 1 week younger and seem fine also. thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom