Chick chat! (Just random chatter about hatching and raising chicks!)

adult chicken wise i have a buff orpington cross and a couple brown hybrids and an olive egger and a lavender chicken (not sure which breed as we took her in as she needed a new home!) and a pure buff orpington Cock! all the biological parents of the 3 chicks i incubated who hatched 25th and 26th March!
and this is my first brood of chicks EVER!!!
thanks for asking!!!
That’s so exciting!! I am hatching eggs from my flock and giving all but one to a friend and ordering a blue laced red wyandotte splash maran and Americana they come next Monday and I can’t wait!!!!!!

Picked up some Cornish X chicks from Tractor Supply yesterday. We live in the city but this will be our second time raising our own meat (first was last fall). I know it's not for everyone, and it's tough for us too, but we feel good knowing the meat we eat had a happy and low-stress life. They are well cared for all the way from purchase to harvest. These little fuzz balls are so cute though, that it's hard not to get attached!
View attachment 3446620View attachment 3446621
Anyone else have meat chicks right now?

Also, at the end of April we'll be picking up our small order of laying hen chicks from Meyer. :) Buff Orpington, Buckeye, Easter Egger. All new breeds to our flock.
how many did you pick up?

SO, i was wondering...
what breeds have all you lot raised up (or hatched out) or have in your flock at the moment?
Buff Orpingtons. My favorite breed the sweetest chickens I love them so much the chicken in my avatar is pip short for Pippa Middleton her and my jersey giant cocoa are my favorite chickens

SO, i was wondering...
what breeds have all you lot raised up (or hatched out) or have in your flock at the moment?
I have 3 olive Eggers, one cream legbar, 3 buff Orpingtons, 3 Rhode Island reds, 2 blue Plymouth, one Easter Egger and a blue leghorn roo in one flock, then 6 Ayam Cemani hens and one roo in second flock, then a bunch of babies for my third flock that include cemanis, Wyandotte, Welbar, speckled sussex and barnyard mixes 😁

Back
Top Bottom