Chick down colors

MadamContrary

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 22, 2013
Very South Texas
These are new stock from unknown parentage and I can't wait to see if any are different colors than what we currently have! They are Celedon, don't know if they're pure yet, excited to be getting started on a new project again šŸ˜Š
IMG_20210617_185316.jpg
IMG_20210617_185326~2.jpg
IMG_20210617_185521~2.jpg

Aww, they are adorable! :love I am going to be starting a quail project soon too, and am also very excited. I do not know enough to be able to tell what colors your chicks will end up being, but I wish you luck with them. Keep us updated! :)

Aww, they are adorable! :love I am going to be starting a quail project soon too, and am also very excited. I do not know enough to be able to tell what colors your chicks will end up being, but I wish you luck with them. Keep us updated! :)
I've been learning a lot from reading the replies to your threads the past couple days šŸ˜

I'm glad you've found them helpful; I have too! :) I am just now really beginning my attempt to understand quail color genetics, at least at a basic level. It is complicated, but I find it quite interesting.
Very interesting, it does seem slightly less complicated than chicken genetics as well. @FloorCandy is just an amazing wealth of information!!!

Back
Top Bottom