Chick dying!

4 day old Chick suddenly not able to move it's shoulder and legs. What should I do? It was eating and drinking with the mom and suddenly this happened

B Vitamins!!
Can be a deficiency causing this but easily fixed with liquid vits/water and small syringe.
Had it happen to me. Mine looked exactly the same.
Fortunately I go to an old feed store & the owner has old time knowledge.
You should be able to find liquid vits and mix down for the chick.
You'll need to keep it up for a while but mama should take it back if you slip in during the day. At night she may reject & kill it. During the day it will be just one more of many! Plus you can also oversee them.
Good news is it's an easy fix.
G'luck!!

The only last resort I can think of would be to take your baby to an avian vet to see what's wrong and if there is anything to be done. Sounds like a bad situation, and I am so sorry about your cute little chick.

I had no idea about wry neck. So I should start feeding it now? How should I provide him the powdered feed? And how long it's gonna take to fully recover? Also what about the warmth at night?
One of my ducklings looked like this and I treated them as if they had wry neck and kept them in the brooder. I gave them b vits, ace vits and selenium. We also gave her a companion who found the poorly one quite hard to be near because they would throw themselves about.

It was very hard to get the vits into her let alone feed and enough water. We all kept fighting for about five days I think ? Then I came in one morning and she was cold and dying - held her on me until she passed. Broke my heart to see her that uncomfortable and distressed but also to not be able to put it right.

I am hoping for much better things for you and your chick. X

One of my ducklings looked like this and I treated them as if they had wry neck and kept them in the brooder. I gave them b vits, ace vits and selenium. We also gave her a companion who found the poorly one quite hard to be near because they would throw themselves about.

It was very hard to get the vits into her let alone feed and enough water. We all kept fighting for about five days I think ? Then I came in one morning and she was cold and dying - held her on me until she passed. Broke my heart to see her that uncomfortable and distressed but also to not be able to put it right.

I am hoping for much better things for you and your chick. X
So sorry to hear about your baby, the same happened to me, it breaks my heart when j see that someone else has had to go through the same thing 😢 hugs

Back
Top Bottom