Chick dying!

Yologuy

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2020
16 days old chick completely stopped eating today. She almost got thrashed by the rest of the chick before I separated her from the flock. Now she's constantly chirping to get under mom. She was eating less than others during the past three days. She had impacted crop around a week ago. Since then she has shrunken while the others grew a lot. I thought she'd recover but seems like she's dying. Poop is alright. Gave her electrolyte water regularly. What else can I do for her?

Make sure she is comfortable and warm enough. Hopefully whatever it is, she pulls through! Hopefully someone else will have some info and tips for you!!

16 days old chick completely stopped eating today. She almost got thrashed by the rest of the chick before I separated her from the flock. Now she's constantly chirping to get under mom. She was eating less than others during the past three days. She had impacted crop around a week ago. Since then she has shrunken while the others grew a lot. I thought she'd recover but seems like she's dying. Poop is alright. Gave her electrolyte water regularly. What else can I do for her?
Can you get some photos of the chick and her poop?

Sounds like the crop issue may not be resolved. Let us know what it feels like in the morning before she's had anything to eat/drink.

Explain a little more about her almost getting thrashed by the other chicks - were they attacking her?

I would start with giving her fluids. Also give some poultry vitamins for a couple of days.
She may have more going on - Coccidiosis comes to mind as well.

Sounds like the crop issue may not be resolved. Let us know what it feels like in the morning before she's had anything to eat/drink.

Explain a little more about her almost getting thrashed by the other chicks - were they attacking her?

I would start with giving her fluids. Also give some poultry vitamins for a couple of days.
Her crop is empty. The crop improved a week ago after proper massage. By thrashed I meant she somehow fell and the other chicks were running over her. She is too weak to move around or chirping. She's not eating or drinking anything.

Attachments

• IMG_20200705_095407.jpg
    IMG_20200705_095407.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20200705_095417.jpg
    IMG_20200705_095417.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 6

Her poop is completely liquid now. Seems like her time has come. Thanks for the tip anyways 😊

Her crop is empty. The crop improved a week ago after proper massage. By thrashed I meant she somehow fell and the other chicks were running over her. She is too weak to move around or chirping. She's not eating or drinking anything.
Her poop is completely liquid now. Seems like her time has come. Thanks for the tip anyways 😊
:hugs I'm sorry.

Poor little thing, she wasn't growing was she.

Back
Top Bottom