Chick found but no idea on breed?

Heluerto

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 9, 2010
Banbury, UK
Someone found three chicks left outside abandoned, two of them died, one survived and came to me as my chicks were just hatching out. The chick in question is the second one from the left, the gold/buff colored one. The other three I know are two lavender araucanas (at the far left and far right) and an Ixworth.

62643_img_3288.jpg

Seems to me like a light Rhode Island Red or a Red or Gold Sex Link. Can we see its back? Sex Links have soft fat stripes on their backs.

So mean that they would just dump them!
rant.gif
Good thing somebody found them. They need heat!

Were the others the same colour? My guess is someones bought sex link eggs and got the male and female colours mixed up and thrown these out so they didn't get stuck with boys, people make me sick with how irresponsible they can be
sad.png

I don't know what colour the others were, as someone found them, passed the survivor onto someone who takes in waifs and strays who contacted me.

This is really helpful. There arnt strips on the back, although it does have a slightly browner looking gold colour over the whole of it's back. Will try and get extra pics in the morning.

Quote:
I think thats what the other person mean't by stripe I have some day old sex links and they do have a strip down the center of the back I'd never noticed they had that before but it is only a fraction darker than the rest of the down sort of like when you brush carpet the other way if that makes sense, lol
smile.png

Quote:
x2
somad.gif
rant.gif

It's people like that that give big Gov a reason to outlaw and or regulate chicken ownership!!!
X2 GRRR
rant.gif

Yup!!! people like that are just giving the gov more ammo against the poultry movement!!

Back
Top Bottom