1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick from Atwoods...What is it?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MiTrSm, Feb 26, 2013.

1. MiTrSm

MiTrSm New Egg

Feb 26, 2013
    I got her a couple days ago. She was in the bin with the heavy breeds, and when i went back, i saw that she was labeled as a "black broiler" but i couldn't find any information on a breed called that so i don't think it is one. Aftera couple days now, she is starting to look a little like a black australorp rather than a jersey giant, due to the fact that she has a lot of black on her. What i do know is that she is not a black sex-link because they were in a seperate bin, and mine is a bit bigger than the black and red sex links that i have. So if someone can help me it would be really appreciated, and like i said i think it is either a black jersey giant, or a black australorp.

[​IMG]

And she has a white strip that goes down her chest, you just cant see it in these pictures.

[​IMG]

2. Toshi

Toshi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    IN corn state
    I think it's a Australorp

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    her feet bottoms look yellow which means giant australorps have pinkish white feet bottoms

4. MiTrSm

MiTrSm New Egg

Feb 26, 2013
    Thanks for the replies

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by