Chick has blood in poop. Need any advice! Is this Coccidia or intestine shedding?

Yeah, on the first read, I missed the fact it was only 2 days old. That is way too young to have coccidiosis.
I would lower the brooder temp. I think 90 is sufficient at this point and there needs to be some cool space in the brooder as well.

There seems to have been the same trouble with the one you are treating now for splayed legs etc.

Where did you get them from? The incubator setup/temperature must have been somewhat wrong.

One of my friend has a strawberry farm. They have about two dozen or so hens and two roosters. They don't really mind for them too much aside from the basic supplies. Two of the hens recently had two batch of chicks. For some reasons, two chicks that my friend found were left by themselves without the mother. One got pecked by another hen and the other one had the unabsorbed egg sac.

My friend was considering options...to end their misery but I drove over and picked them up. I got the time and resources. I just need to do some more research and need some guidance. I heard that having healthy chicks around them might help so I have 4 other chicks (one is in the picture above with the splayed legs).

Will do. I will go ahead and buy the triple anitbiotic ointment. I been disinfecting with betadine.

For some reasons, two chicks that my friend found were left by themselves without the mother. One got pecked by another hen and the other one had the unabsorbed egg sac.

My friend was considering options...to end their misery but I drove over and picked them up. I got the time and resources. I just need to do some more research and need some guidance.

Now, that explains it, you took on the ones that were rejected by the mother hens because of their health issues.

I heard that having healthy chicks around them might help so I have 4 other chicks

The other chicks will help to encourage her to eat and not give up to soon. But with regard to the navel infection only time will tell.

With regard to the splayed legs: it woud be much easier for her if you could provide some mesh cloth bedding instead of the paper towel, so her feet could get a grip. You might even use one of these rubber mats used in the sink.

Now, that explains it, you took on the ones that were rejected by the mother hens because of their health issues.

The other chicks will help to encourage her to eat and not give up to soon. But with regard to the navel infection only time will tell.

Hopefully, I made the right choice here. The one that was pecked is still weak but really lively as well.

Thank you. She seems lively, I will keep disinfecting and putting on ointment.

With regard to the splayed legs: it woud be much easier for her if you could provide some mesh cloth bedding instead of the paper towel, so her feet could get a grip. You might even use one of these rubber mats used in the sink.

I have a shelf liner that I placed over the paper towels. Once the weaker ones start doing better, I will go get better materials to make the ground.

Back
Top Bottom