Chick has runny poop. What could be causing it?

KateGr8_382

In the Brooder
May 24, 2022
I'm new to byc but I've been reading on here a lot recently so I decided to make an account

I have 6 chicks, all female, about 3 weeks old.
1 rhode island red
1 buff orpington
2 barred rocks
2 speckled sussex
I'm not sure which one is doing it but, one of them has runny brown poop.
I've only seen it a few times but it definitely smells worse then their normal. I've checked them all and they dont seem to have pasty butt.
Other then then that they seem to be doing fine
For all I know this could be perfect normal but I'd rather be over concerned then under.

We've been giving them 20% chick starter feed and occasionally been giving them ACV water. I've tried giving them some greens but they're not too interested in that.

All I can find is that it could be coccidiosis, which is kinda freaking me out (similar to when you look up your symptoms on Google and it says you're gonna die in 24 hours🙄😂)

So if anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it

Thanks!

I'm new to byc but I've been reading on here a lot recently so I decided to make an account

I have 6 chicks, all female, about 3 weeks old.
1 rhode island red
1 buff orpington
2 barred rocks
2 speckled sussex
I'm not sure which one is doing it but, one of them has runny brown poop.
I've only seen it a few times but it definitely smells worse then their normal. I've checked them all and they dont seem to have pasty butt.
Other then then that they seem to be doing fine
For all I know this could be perfect normal but I'd rather be over concerned then under.

We've been giving them 20% chick starter feed and occasionally been giving them ACV water. I've tried giving them some greens but they're not too interested in that.

All I can find is that it could be coccidiosis, which is kinda freaking me out (similar to when you look up your symptoms on Google and it says you're gonna die in 24 hours🙄😂)

So if anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it

Thanks!
The brown runny has a name it is common. It actually indicates a healthy and productive digestive tract. They usually drop those in the mornings as their crops have emptied before they eat again.

If they are ill, it will either be a watery consistency, or have blood in it. Also you dont want to see parts of their digestive tract shell in the droppings either which would indicate cocci.

Pure brown cecal droppongs, especially in the morning are normal and healthy. When there is not a normal healthy gut, they will be either watery or solid green.

Here is another article on it.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/cecal-vs-regular-poop.75555/

The brown runny has a name it is common. It actually indicates a healthy and productive digestive tract. They usually drop those in the mornings as their crops have emptied before they eat again.

If they are ill, it will either be a watery consistency, or have blood in it. Also you dont want to see parts of their digestive tract shell in the droppings either which would indicate cocci.

Pure brown cecal droppongs, especially in the morning are normal and healthy. When there is not a normal healthy gut, they will be either watery or solid green.

Here is another article on it.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/cecal-vs-regular-poop.75555/
Wow I dident expect to get a reply so fast. But thank you!

Back
Top Bottom