Chick hatching after only 17 days!!!!????

whitewolf1871341

Songster
Sep 27, 2020
I put all my eggs in incubator May 14th wasn't expecting any babies until June 4th have one little guy hatching as of today June 1st any ideas

Temp might of been to high. Also if it's a bantam size it's not unheard of. I would be a little weary if it comes out with defects to be honest. Also the egg might have been incubating if stored in warmer temperatures.

Temp might of been to high. Also if it's a bantam size it's not unheard of. I would be a little weary if it comes out with defects to be honest. Also the egg might have been incubating if stored in warmer temperatures.
Also it's probably been about 12 hours since I noticed him start to hatch and he hasn't made any progress and he suggestions on that and they are bantams their silkies

Bantams usually hatch at 19 days ish, so just a bit early.
Okay so the one that started yesterday at day 17 died this morning The yoke wasn't all the way in to his belly and he passed away but the one that started last night is still alive hasn't made any progress and now I have four more eggs that have started It almost looks that maybe they're dry inside should I help?

Honestly alot of the time if they can't hatch on their own they have issues. I've saved a few that got shrinked wrapped. I also saved some with wry neck and intestine problems all of them died within they day of helping them hatch. I now leave them alone for the most part.

Okay so the one that started yesterday at day 17 died this morning The yoke wasn't all the way in to his belly and he passed away but the one that started last night is still alive hasn't made any progress and now I have four more eggs that have started It almost looks that maybe they're dry inside should I help?

Also there are many topics such as this you can find on this site and Google.

Honestly alot of the time if they can't hatch on their own they have issues. I've saved a few that got shrinked wrapped. I also saved some with wry neck and intestine problems all of them died within they day of helping them hatch. I now leave them alone for the most part.
Ok so number two hadn't hatched but number 3 came out so I went in for number 2 thankfully he was shrink wrapped in and he is beautiful

Back
Top Bottom