Chick hatching pics and video link

ChicksinFL

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 11, 2011
9/8 712p edited to add: This link goes to our live streaming eggcam. If you look closely at the white egg with the hole on top you can see the chick moving inside. Thought it was very cool and I'd share. http://kpchickens.hopto.org:86/flash.html

Adding
a question here:
The one that has hatched is now jumping over other eggs well trying and chirping like crazy it has rolled several eggs round now. What do I do just let continue.. it is racing around looking up chirping! I don't want it to hurt itself or others trying to hatch!?

~~~~

Early this AM around 230 the first egg externally pipped... I went to bed and checked back ever couple hours and was finally awoken by my daughters at 840a that it was cracking thru more of the egg. By about 930a the egg had fully hatched and by 1030a it was making its first moves around the hatcher.

Here are some pictures of it hatching.. excuse them they are taken thru the incubator windows with a cell phone.

2011-09-08_02-17-56_560.jpg

2011-09-08_09-19-19_812.jpg

2011-09-08_09-19-29_966.jpg

2011-09-08_09-39-53_41.jpg

2011-09-08_09-43-11_497.jpg

2011-09-08_10-27-13_522.jpg

We have one more so far externally pipped and a few wobbling every so often.

Editing to add another picture.

2011-09-08_11-14-29_244.jpg

Last edited:
I made outloud "aww-wheee" noises.

I have one (one) going into lockdown tonight. Have the hatcher equalizing for temp and humidity now, getting ready to receive. Have the feather duster mama anxiously waiting and timing her contractions. Have ... okay, so it's only my second hatch. I might go a little overboard.

Just peeked at her egg, though, an no external pipping yet. I candled it last night and everything looked good in there, so ...

Tap-tap-tap. Hello? Little one? Hello?

Give us a fluffed up picture, too! Please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with your hatch. OF COURSE there will be more pictures we are documenting all this for 4h and well its too cute not to take pictures.

They will do that, he's just looking for a buddy. As soon as another hatches, they will find each other. Just resist the urge to open the bator to take him out, you don't want to shrink wrap the others.
love.gif
Too Cute!

Thank you, I'm praying something else will hatch! We got another externally pipping but this lil hatching is gonna have a long wait if the others take 7-8 hrs like it did.

Any advice on keeping the eggs steady for our next hatch in 20 days!

You can place them in cut-down egg cartons for lockdown if you want. That keeps them steady and means the hatched chicks can't boot them around the bator, I like using egg cartons; it's tidy and cause you know the eggs haven't been moved at all, it's easier to check on progress when they're pipping and zipping. Not like when you see a pip, go back to check on it later, and that egg's been kicked to the back of the bator and rolled right over...

P.S. I like the smiley faces drawn on your eggs. I'm assuming that was for marking the good ones when candling. I draw stars on mine...

Quote:
What part of the egg carton do you use the top or the little tray part. If the tray part how do the eggs split apart to hatch. Sorry we are new this is our first hatch and really my daughters are "in charge" one is 15 and one is 8, they are doing the work I'm over seeing the whole thing. We have bantam cochin eggs that went in to the incubator on Tuesday afternoon when these that are hatching went to the hatcher. I want to help the girls have as much success as possible.

Back
Top Bottom