Chick hatching RIGHT NOW! Want to watch?

Awww!! That's great!! We will have to visit more often. My kids are 4.5 and 3, so this is just all SO new and amazing to them. Fun watching their little faces as that chick popped out! Thanks for sharing!!!

Pretty cool....found the thread and ustream just as it finished zipping...thanks for posting!
Gets me fired up for my day 21 on Sunday!!

Wonders about that dates on the other eggs?

I have four more eggs that are due this week, three are showing signs of internal pipping but have not externally pipped yet. The other eggs in the incubator are due a day or two before St. Patrick's Day, and I will be broadcasting their hatches as well. :) I'm hoping they develop ok with this staggered hatch.

Right now I have the humidity set high enough for the hatching chicks. When they finish, I'll let it drop back down to a more reasonable level--perhaps even let it drop lower than it "should" be so they have a chance to catch up. My biggest worry is if they're being turned enough. I turn them four or five times a day, but I still worry. I'll feel much better when I can put the turner back in.

This staggered hatch was kinda-sorta on purpose so that I would have experience with it, should I ever be put in a situation where I have to attempt a staggered hatch in the future.

Back
Top Bottom