Chick having trouble standing?

Get some rubber matting from the dollar tree if it's just flooring. Check it's legs first, there is a condition known as splay leg that can be corrected easily if caught early.
I checked again and put them on a yoga mat. It looks like it's most likely the flooring because they were a lot more stable. The chick definitely doesn't have splayed legs. I thought maybe a bit of curled toes on one foot at first but after checking and double checking I think it seems mostly like a lack of leg strength. Maybe it just needs some nutrition. When my roo was a couple months old it had a hard time standing and kept falling backwards. The chick seems to be having a little bit of that but not as bad. I gave my roo poultry cell from the advice of this forum and that seemed to help. They may be too young for poultry cell or probably don't even need it but I'll keep an eye on them.

Glad the mat is helping.

If the legs seem weak, then give the chick 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily. You can find human B-Complex at Walmart in the vitamin aisle.
For tiny chicks, I just dissolve the tablet piece in a tiny bit of water, then give the chicks drops of the vitamin water several times a day until it's gone. Repeat for a week or so.

Glad the mat is helping.

If the legs seem weak, then give the chick 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily. You can find human B-Complex at Walmart in the vitamin aisle.
For tiny chicks, I just dissolve the tablet piece in a tiny bit of water, then give the chicks drops of the vitamin water several times a day until it's gone. Repeat for a week or so.
I have this from Costco that I take. I also have nutritional yeast flakes. Can I sprinkle some on their food or dissolve some of the b-complex vitamins in their water and give it to the hen too? Not looking forward to getting bit by her everyday lol

Attachments

• PXL_20230709_030433372.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230709_030433372.MP.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 3
You could use the Super B-Complex, but I would limit the days to around 3 since it also has the added electrolyte ingredients.

Nutritional yeast sprinkled on the food may be a better option. What we're aiming for is to get B2(Riboflavin) into her for leg support. The other B-Vitamins are also essential for growing chicks (and for adults too).

You could use the Super B-Complex, but I would limit the days to around 3 since it also has the added electrolyte ingredients.

Nutritional yeast sprinkled on the food may be a better option. What we're aiming for is to get B2(Riboflavin) into her for leg support. The other B-Vitamins are also essential for growing chicks (and for adults too).
Thank you! I'll do the nutritional yeast then.

Back
Top Bottom