Chick help please!):

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Brookeee2013, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Brookeee2013

Brookeee2013 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2012
    Ringgold, Ga
    My Coop
    Okay so I have a 2 day old chick and he is the one who had the tumor thing. It is now gone but I've noticed that he seems to be a lot weaker than the others. And that he doesn't have much use of his left leg. What should I do? Will he get stronger? Another thing, there was a chick that was not hatching very well so 24 hours later I helped it out. I got it halfway out but it was even too weak for that. Now he's in the incubator laying on a towel just chirping. Not making any effort to move around. Is this normal? Will he get stronger? Also, his belly is like a bubble. There was a lot of blood in his egg. Everytime he chirps, it's like part of his umbilical cord comes out. This is my first time hatching and I've already lost one and I don't wanna lose another ):

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Have you got some chick saver you can give them? Or a vitamin+electrolyte supplement for poultry/babies that you can add to their water? Otherwise make some sugar water and dribble it on the sides of their beaks to give them a little energy boost. I'm a bit confused about the "bubble" and the blood worries me. See if you can get some chick saver and just keep them warm for now. Hopefully they will recover.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by