Chick help

ChickAddict14

Hatching
May 13, 2015
Received 15 Rarest of the Rare from Murray McMurray and also 15 feather legged bantams. Both assortments. I'm attaching pics of 2 of the chicks for help identifying. I really don't know what any of them are, but thought I'd start with 2. Also including links to the pages on the website that tell what the possibilities are. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/rarest_of_rare_assortment.html

https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/bantam_feather_footed_bantams.html

are these the feather footed because #2 with the grey and more white on the face looks more like a cochin (only if it has feathered legs though) and the first looks kinda cochin like too~

Also, although the light makes #2's feathers look a little yellowish, they are white, gorgeous bright white.

#1 looks could be a blue cochin and #2 also looks like a cochin to me, but not sure on what color . I have a white and partridge cochin and the chick definitely has the same face.

Thank you, folks! :) here are the possibilities from the MM website:

Partridge, Black, Buff, Blue, & Silver Laced and White Cochins

Could #2 be a white? They don't have splash, apparently.

#1: Blue Cochin
#2: Splash or White Cochin (more likely Splash). McMurray doesn't explicitly sell splash Cochins, but whenever you cross two blue birds, you'll end up with approximately 25% splash as well as 25% black and 50% blue. Most hatcheries indicate when you buy blue chicks that a percentage won't actually be blue. The only way to get 100% blue is to cross splash with black.

Thank you, folks! :) here are the possibilities from the MM website:

Partridge, Black, Buff, Blue, & Silver Laced and White Cochins

Could #2 be a white? They don't have splash, apparently.

Its not a white, it could be minimal splash but it is not white. It may be a blue though, sorry you may have gotten a mixed up splash baby in there ~

I don't mind a splash. :) Actually , I think I have two of them in the bunch. If y'all are up for it, I'll post a couple more later. :)

Back
Top Bottom