Chick ID help!

zebisis

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 30, 2013

I took 5 2-ish week old chicks from a local family (they had purchased a meat and egg combo from McMurray) and I have no idea the breeds I got. Here is the first, she has a fancy hairdo. Is this a Polish of some kind?

(Also- I got 15 babies from the Feed and Seed locally, they had a long list of 6 or 7 different cool laying breeds that were all together in a pen. Light Brahmas, I remember seeing, and Arucanas! I really wanted the Arucanas (love those blue eggs) and kind of went dumb after seeing that. I got 8 or 9 EE's and then let my son help me pick out the others, not really knowing what I was getting. Will post those next!)

Here is #2 I am unsure of. 2.5 weeks old (the big one), white and black, blue/gray legs.

Here is #4. I am guessing Rhode Island Red?? But I don't know.

I think there are pics of more than one here, but I think they are the same breed...

Here is #5, 1 week old. Is this an Australorp? We have a couple of these. Super cute and sweet!

Last edited:

This one is 1 week old and has little black dots on her head, wing feathers coming in fast! What is she?

And finally (for now, anyway!) my sweet little gray girl. 1 wk old. I really have a thing for her. She was so small and wobbly when we got her at 3 days old.

Now- I am assuming that I have all girls, but I know sometimes that doesn't go as planned, lol. If you see a roo- please tell me! They can still stay here with us, I would just like to know who is who. ;)

Lots of Arucanas here. I was told that they are the puffy cheeked ones. ;)
I really would like to get some of the chocolate egger's, but they seem hard to find!

Thank you in advance for any help ID-ing!

Anyone have any insight?
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom