Chick identification help?

Farmonieschickens

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2018
So we received our chicks from McMurray hatcheries yesterday, and included was a free chick they offer at checkout. They dont include the breed name since it's supposed to be a surprise when it grows I suppose, so I included a picture for help. Could it be a speckled Sussex? It's the brown chipmunk striped one closest to the feeder.

Attachments

• Snapchat-640420856.jpg
    Snapchat-640420856.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 11
Sicilian Buttercup or Gold Campine. What color are its legs? Yellow/pinkish = Buttercup, Greenish = Campine

I'm not sure, here is a list of varieties of breeds you can get for a extra chick from McMurray- Crested varieties, speckled beauties, blue chicks, huge giants, feather-legged exotics, spangled, and belted Old World Fowl. Maybe this will shorten the possibilities for other people.

I'm not sure, here is a list of varieties of breeds you can get for a extra chick from McMurray- Crested varieties, speckled beauties, blue chicks, huge giants, feather-legged exotics, spangled, and belted Old World Fowl. Maybe this will shorten the possibilities for other people.

None of those are even chicken breeds.

Thank you guys! Looking at pictures and gray farms' leg color tell it definitely is a Sicilian buttercup. Also, I do think it's a girl due to the wing feather growth although that's not the most accurate way to sex, but I guess I'll know when it grows up more!

Back
Top Bottom