Chick identification?

Thanks Overo Mare and LadiesandJane! Looking at pics online of CM chicks, I think you are right.
Update! The suspected CM chicks are becoming more and more barred, think we are right there. BUT, I'm pretty sure one of my two black chicks is not a copper maran as suspected. This white on the wingtip was the clue. Ideas?

Attachments

• 20210622_183921.jpg
    20210622_183921.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 8
Update! The suspected CM chicks are becoming more and more barred, think we are right there. BUT, I'm pretty sure one of my two black chicks is not a copper maran as suspected. This white on the wingtip was the clue. Ideas?
White wing tips are normal in black breeds, could still definitely be a Black Copper Marans. They should molt out in next feather set

That’s kinda funny, I just asked the same question the other day about my BCM chick!
1723EBFE-CD02-46CA-9038-1A9871B56CD2.jpeg

This is her. Look at that white!

Edited to say that my thread was answered, same as yours!

That’s kinda funny, I just asked the same question the other day about my BCM chick!View attachment 2731265
This is her. Look at that white!

Edited to say that my thread was answered, same as yours!
Such a cutie! I'm learning so much about how chicks change as they grow. My babies are 7 weeks old, really adding adult feathers fast. They look like awkward teenagers with bad haircuts!

Here are the chicks now (8-9 weeks old, getting soooo big!). Nice barred pattern developing on the CM, and look at that beautiful copper coming in on the BCM! Thanks again for all the help with ID a few weeks ago!
20210711_192721.jpg
20210711_192341.jpg

Back
Top Bottom