Chick Identification

Chantay

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 13, 2009
Carrollton, GA
I picked up some "assorted" chicks from TSC today. A few hours later I had one dead duck and one dead chick
hit.gif
. Is this to be expected? There were a few dead chicks in the bins at TSC also. These are my first chickens EVER. Can anyone help me to identify what types of chicks I have? Sorry the photos are not better; they would not hold still for very long.

Chick6.jpg

IMG]http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww186

Chick4.jpg

Chick3.jpg

Chick2.jpg

Chick1.jpg

Duckies.jpg

Unfortunatly some do die. Not sure on the breed though. You could have a buff there. The black one could be an australorp. The one that looks like a chipmunk could be a welsumer. Don't know about the ducks.
There are cuties anyway. Good luck and
welcome-byc.gif

i dont think tsc gets too many different kinds of the "random chicks" they could also proably help... did you pick up one of those chick days pamphlets?? i think it has pics of the chicks with names

Thanks! I did pick up the pamphlet and it has photos of adult chickens: Golden Lace Wyandottes, Silver Lace Wyandottes, Barred Rocks, Cornish Rocks, RIR, New Hampshire Reds, Black Sex Links, Gold Sex Links, Buff Orpingtons, Black Australorps, Ameracanas, White Plymouth Rocks, White Leghorns, Danish Brown Leghorns, Mallard Ducks, & Khaki Compbells Ducks. None of them look like my babies. LOL.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
The first one looks like either Gold Sex Link or New Hampshire Red

Second, Likely Buff Orp

third, likely Black Sex Link

fourth , possibly EE (what they are calling ameracauna)

fifth EE

Dark Duck with yellow on face , Mallard

Grey Duck, likely Khaki Campbell

Back
Top Bottom