Chick just hatched but what should I do?

Chickenluv456

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 18, 2012
My bantam golden sebright has hatched, I'm keeping her in the incubator but what should the temperature and humidity be? And can I feed her or give her water?
idunno.gif
jumpy.gif

Put them unerd a heat lamp or a broody hen makes shore the chick will stay with the hen so they don't get cold and deidy and food and water make shore that the food is little a nuff so they can eat it :D:D:D:D

Put them unerd a heat lamp or a broody hen makes shore the chick will stay with the hen so they don't get cold and deidy and food and water make shore that the food is little a nuff so they can eat it
big_smile.png
:D:D:D
Are you sure they just hatched like 30 mins ago

Chicks can live in an incubator, with no changes to temperature or humidity, for up to 3 days. Keep an eye on them because after about 2-2-1/2 days they can be in need of water, because the incubator can dehydrate them. Get your brooder ready with the light, make sure they have food & a "chick" waterer (something shallow or a regular waterer with marbles in it where they can't drown ) The brooder temperature should be 95 degrees which can be reduced 5 degrees per week

Back
Top Bottom