Chick-n-Barn with run from my pet chicken

Jennym

Songster
11 Years
Apr 10, 2008
Connecticut
I just purchased the chick-n-barn with run from my pet chicken.com
I'd like to knowif anyone has this coop and if you have dropping trays for it. If so did you buy the trays or make them? I have never had chicken before and my babies arrive (six all together) on Tuesday April 15
smile.png
They of course will be in my house until ready to go into the coop. I am so excited about my new arrivals. I eat, sleep, and talk chickens.

Any ideas on the trays?

Welcome Jennym to BYC. I can't help with the new coop, but it sounds like you are on your way to becoming addicted like the rest of us. Good luck with your new babies.
frow.gif

Welcome to being addicted. LOL

I too don't know what to tell you about the Chicken-Barn but we had really thought about buying it too... It's a great design.

We just got our hens and rooster last Saturday and the wife and I were dreaming about them before it happened. We spent her day off here at "the ranch" yesterday walking around with them, me making ramen noodles for them and generally having the most relaxing day we can remember in a LONG TIME... We were rewarded with a lovely brown egg (our Silver Edged Wyandottes are 10 months old). With all the sun and exercise they got it wouldn't surprise me if we get MORE eggs today.

It's all consuming but ooohhh such fun.

I bought the chick-n-barn and was disappointed. For the price I paid it was pretty flimsy, and no floor. Anything can get in. It's also pretty close quarters for 6 chickens. It will do fine for starting you out, but you're going to have to either reinforce it or add to it for use as a permanent coop.

Welcome to chickenland-population all of us! Post some pics when you get your babies!

I'm concerned now about my chick-n-barn. I knew it did not have a floor and will put a wood floor inside and wire for the run. The good news is that I can extend another chick-n-barn and run.
I'm just going to go with it, as it looks great! If it not up to my expectations I will have to let www.mypetchicken.com
know.
sad.png
They told me for 6 hens it would be just fine.
Anyone else have this coop?

I think it will be fine if you raise it up off the ground.
How about putting it inside a run and returning the run you bought.
How about a dog run covered with hardware cloth.
welcome-byc.gif

Good luck,
Ed

Last edited:
I really like What Dawn did with their chick-n-barn.
I will show the husband tonight.
this weekend I'm getting ready for the chicks to come home
I will post pictures when they arrive.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom