Chick not able to stand up firmly..

She looks small. . . Have you been hand feeding her at all? If not I'd start. Even twice a day would probably help.
Almost all the chicks are small because they were from pullet eggs.I had only 1 pullet of that breed.Moreover this breed is very small compared to other breeds. Even fully matured hens reach a max. 1.5 kg. But it's are eggs are proved to be more nutritious. Here we call it "Kadaknath".... closely resembling svarthona, ayam cemani etc..

Almost all the chicks are small because they were from pullet eggs.I had only 1 pullet of that breed.Moreover this breed is very small compared to other breeds. Even fully matured hens reach a max. 1.5 kg. But it's are eggs are proved to be more nutritious. Here we call it "Kadaknath".... closely resembling svarthona, ayam cemani etc..
My point was more she is small compared to the others.

Ok..I think it's just their normal size for the eggs i've chosen and also the breed.I sometimes hand feed her.Should give more attention to her. Thkx for the advice. :)
I would. She is already at a disadvantage by being smaller, and nkt being able to walk well will make her more likely to eat less, and therefore not gain weight as quickly as the others. A mashed cooked egg yolk mixed with her chick feed twice a day might be just the boost she needs!

We had a couple that looked and acted so similarly, one much worse than the other. We found a recipe for "magic water" in this forum and gave that to all the chicks. The wimpy ones recovered quickly. One within a day and the other one a day later. Might be something to look into because I think it's supposed to help keep them healthy in general.

Back
Top Bottom