chick pipped but there is blood

poultrykeeper08

Songster
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Agawam , Ma
I have about 50 eggs in my incubatore . The eggs werent due until thursday and friday but they strted hatching last night . So far i have 3 chicks . i have 2 that are zipping around the eggs as we speak . while i was taking the eggs out i seen an egg that had pipped but had blod in the cracks . I left it alone . Well about 2 hours later i looked and it had pipped more and there was sighns of more blood . i removed a piece of the shell and the chick made a whole through the skin of the egg and there is blood . Is it hatching prematurly (sry about the spelling ) there seems to be alot of blood

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks

P.s . the 2 chicks just came out of the eggs . There are white silkies
so that makes 5 chicks today woot
big_smile.png

also another egg pipped and there is a little blood but no wheres as much blod as the other ? whats going on

Last edited:
Sounds like temp was running a bit high. Keep the bator closed and the humidity up. It's a waiting game now. The bloody one, let it be, it should realize it is early and just wait for the blood to be asorbed. Blood still flowing means it's not done asorbing all the yolk and other stuff it needs to before hatching. Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom