Chick Pricing ???

May 25, 2019
First off I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place.

In 9 days if everything goes right I should have 10 barnyard mix chicks for sale and I'm wondering how much I should charge per chick.

My Rooster is an Americana mix.
My Hens are 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Frizzle Polish, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Saphhire Blue, 1 Black Australorp mix, and 1 Bantam Cochin.

I live in Florida.

Last edited:
What are chicks being sold for on CL? They are barnyard mixes, so worth less, generally. I like barnyard mixes, but they generally aren’t going to be sold for as much as a full breed.

I’ve got mixed breeds in my incubator right now. Due to hatch in 7 days. If I get $2 per chick, I’ll be happy. I’m taking mine to a livestock auction.

ask in the state thread on BYC for Fl people to tell you their thoughts. It’s under “Social” in the forums.

What are chicks being sold for on CL? They are barnyard mixes, so worth less, generally. I like barnyard mixes, but they generally aren’t going to be sold for as much as a full breed.

I’ve got mixed breeds in my incubator right now. Due to hatch in 7 days. If I get $2 per chick, I’ll be happy. I’m taking mine to a livestock auction.

ask in the state thread on BYC for Fl people to tell you their thoughts. It’s under “Social” in the forums.

No one really sells on Craigslist around me unless they're huge clutches.
Barnyard mixes are very popular where I live though.

Depends on local demand, and maybe how sales savvy you are.
Start prices higher, you can always have a 'sale'.

Back
Top Bottom