Chick problem emergency

cajunfowl0

Chirping
5 Years
Dec 9, 2014
Louisiana
So this little guy is hatch early and I didn't realize. So I walk out to the incubator to check on everything and I saw him. I've never ever seen anything like this before. His entire body is extremely stick and the membrane won't come off even after I wet it. The humidity was about 60 so I don't know why that happened. Plus he has stuff coming out off his mouth. His eggshell was stuck to the turner it was hard to get him out but I did. I took off some shell around his head and wet the membrane so it would help him. Has anybody ever had this happen before?? I think the egg yolk might have stuck to the shell before incubation.

That the chick can't hatch and it is throwing up and this membrane can't come off maybe?

Oh, I thought you said you already took it out and tried cleaning it. Maybe just try clearing it's mouth with an eye dropper or something so it doesn't choke. I wouldn't worry about what's on its body. They all come out kinda wet and icky.

EDIT: maybe a better picture would help clarify what is going on

Last edited:
Oh, I thought you said you already took it out and tried cleaning it. Maybe just try clearing it's mouth with an eye dropper or something so it doesn't choke. I wouldn't worry about what's on its body. They all come out kinda wet and icky.

EDIT: maybe a better picture would help clarify what is going on
I've been raising chickens my entire life and this isn't the normal wet and sticky it's different. It's like rock hard. It's eye is actually completely smash and messed up bcus of the membrane not from me pulling btw

I don't think the pictures can explain the texture of what you're seeing/feeling. Do you think it might have been a double yoke, and the second hole just rotted in there?

Back
Top Bottom