chick question

StoneBridge Farm

Crowing
16 Years
Dec 19, 2007
SE Ohio
SO I bought these eggs off of a member on here. They were supposed to be BLRW...only 2 hatched....1 had something wrong with it and died shortly after hatch.. the other lived. That is all I got out of 18 eggs. So this was June...now the chick is developing..it has a single comb. Is this possible or acceptable? I paid a lot of money for these eggs. Now I am wondering if the ONE I got is even pure bred. I was thinking about selling it in a barnyard lot if it is a mutt. I hate it, cause I lost so much money. Buyer beware I guess.

But I will tell you... this is the only hatch this has ever happened to. I just hatched out some comets.... I put in 3 dozen...so far I have 17...and more are hatching, so I don't think it was the bators fault.

Please let me know if you all have any ideas about the comb thingy.

Thanks.
idunno.gif

You might try posting in breeds with a title something like single wyandotte comb, or what's with this comb, or some such. Yes, they can have two different types of combs, as I understand it, and one comb type is supposed to be more likely to reproduce. I am no expert and don't remember any more about it than that.

I had one of ten shipped eggs hatch (BR and BO.) Only experience with shipped eggs. This was under a known good broody. Never again, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom